About PSAB

View Video

Play Video Here

ALERT -- Act Now to Protect Your Municipal Pension State Aid

2014-06-13 11:41:30

(This would affect ANY MUNICIPALITY that has a pension plan.)

Update: 6/24/14 - Thanks to your efforts there has been no floor vote on HB 1708. If you haven't already done so, please contact your legislator and ask them to vote NO on HB 1708 or any other bill that would raid your municipal pension state aid. A sample letter and sample resolution are available below. Thank you to those that have acted!
Why is this important? The General Assembly is currently in its June budget session and is considering several important revenue bills that would fund the Commonwealth in the next fiscal year. One of these bills, House Bill 1708, would divert the dollars you currently receive from the state for your municipal pensions. The money would in turn be diverted to fund the Public Employees Retirement Commission. HB 1708 was recently voted out of the House Local Government Committee. Your action is needed NOW!
PSAB is urging you to call both your State Representative & State Senator today and ask them to vote NO on House Bill 1708 and any other bill that would divert the Municipal Pension State Aid Fund

Click here for a sample letter to fax to your lawmakers.

Click here for a resolution your borough or County Boroughs Association (CBA) can adopt.

Click here to read the testimony on HB 1708 that was presented before the House Local Government Committee.

If your state representative is a member of the House Local Government Committee you can learn how your legislator voted on the bill in committee as well as track the bill for future actions. Click here.

For questions, contact Ed Troxell, PSAB Director of Government Affairs or Ron Grutza, PSAB Regulatory Affairs Coordinator at 800-232-7722 ext 1021 or 1044.
Don’t know your representative’s or senator’s contact information? 
Click here to find it.