PA Municipal Legal Update
Aug. 9-10, 2017
Register by July 7 for a discounted rate.
This program addresses the needs of solicitors, attorneys, municipal administrators, elected officials, police and fire chiefs, finance directors, and more.
Click here to view the entire program!
New: In addition to labor and employment issues, an expanded police track
has been added to this year's program.
13 CLE Credits (2 Ethics and 11 Substantive) and
13 CBO Certified Borough Official (CBO) Credits
Dr. Michael P. McDonald, Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of Florida and a Non-Resident Senior Fellow, Brooking Institution
Topic: What to expect during the 2020 reapportionment.
Workshop Topics Include:
• Municipal Contracts & Agreements
• Medical Marijuana in the Workplace
• Challenges of Hiring a Police Chief
• Second Amendment Laws & Open Carry in Public Meetings
• Internal Controls: Signs of Fraud & Misuse of Funds
• Police Liability: Personnel & Operational Issues that Cause Lawsuits
• Ethics in Legal Practice
• Employee Speech and the First Amendment
• Reasonable Suspicion Drug & Alcohol Procedures
• Handling Discrimination Cases
• Heart and Lung Act
• Autonomous Vehicle Policies
• Police Body Cameras: Your Right to Know?
• Surveillance in the Workplace
Register by July 7 for a discounted rate!
A block of rooms at the Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey has been reserved for attendees for $119, plus tax, per night. Call 800-325-3535 and ask for the PA State Association of Boroughs room block. Reserve by July 18 for this special rate.
Click here to make your reservation online!
Event Sponsored By: