We realize it is sometimes not easy to find funding to pay for important projects in your borough. PSAB is pleased to provide a listing of grant opportunities that may help with economic development, environmental, emergency services and other projects in your communities.
For questions on where to look for grants, contact Ron Grutza, Regulatory Affairs Coordinator at 717-236-9526, Ext. 1044 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Grants will be updated and added as PSAB learns of opportunities.* Please check back often.
PSAB will be hosting two grant workshops on Writing Effective Grant Proposals
on May 28 in Allegheny County and May 29 in Dauphin County. Click here to register!
Brownfields Training, Research, and Technical Assistance Grants
- Grant funds awarded to eligible entities to provide research, training and technical assistance to communities facing brownfields cleanup and revitalization challenges. Deadline is April 18, 2014.
Community and Local Government Assistance Programs
- The state Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) has compiled a list of the department’s assistance programs to support your efforts to improve your community.
The Environmental Grant Program
- Sponsored through PA American Water, this program must show that a project will improve, protect or restore the watershed or source water; be located within the Pennsylvania American Water service area and be a new or innovative community initiative, or serve as significant expansion to an existing program. Deadline is March 31
Transportation Investments Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER)
Boroughs may begin applying for the TIGER grants on April 3 and must submit final applications by April 28, 2014.
Applicants must detail the benefits their project would deliver for five long-term outcomes: safety, economic competitiveness, state of good repair, livability and environmental sustainability.
PA Commission on Crime and Delinquency Justice Assistance Grants
- Deadline is April 7
. Review the grant application guidelines for project details.
Alternative Fuel Vehicle Incentive Grants (Keyword: AFIG) Deadline is May 30.
Grant funds are available for the conversion or purchase of natural gas vehicles weighing 26,000 pounds or less, as well as the conversion or purchase of electric, propane or other alternative fuel vehicles of any size.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Fire Safety and Prevention Grants
- Application period CLOSED.
DCNR Community Conservation Partnerships Program Grants
- Grant Workshops Scheduled. Deadline is April 16, 2014
. A series of webinars and workshops is also being offered to assist applicants.
Reimbursement for DEP Certified Host Municipality Inspectors under Act 101 (Section 1102), the Municipal Waste Planning, Recycling and Waste Reduction Act of 1988 and Act 108 (Section 304), the Hazardous Sites Cleanup Act of 1988. (Keyword: Host Municipality Inspector) Deadline is March 31, 2014.
Pennsylvania Recycling Technical Assistance Grant Program is Open
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
The Coca Cola Foundation Keep America Beautiful Bin Grant Program - The bin grant application period is now closed.
Funds to Address Violence Against Women - The Grants to Encourage Arrest Policies and Enforcement of Protection Orders Program provides support to encourage governments and courts to treat sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking as serious violations of criminal law requiring the coordinated involvement of the entire criminal justice system and community-based victim service organizations. Application period is now closed.
- Disaster preparedness, firefighters and emergency services, and planning and preparedness.
Keep America Beautiful
- Environmental, illegal dumping, litter and recylcing
- Tree planting
Water Resources Education Network (WREN)
- Watershed education and source water protection. (There is a current grant open due March 21, 2014.)
MetLife Foundation: Community-Police Partnership Awards
- Preliminary application deadline is closed.
Safe Routes to School
- Promote, educate and encourage walking and biking to school.
Bulletproof Vest Partnership Grants
- Provides grants for bulletproof vests for local law enforcement agencies. (Application period will open in early April 2014.)
PennDOT Automatic Red Light Enforcement (ARLE) Grants
- Funds a wide variety of road safety and mobility projects.
Natural Gas Vehicle Grant Program
- For the incremental purchase and conversion costs of heavy-duty natural gas fleet vehicles.
Environmental Education Grants
- (Keyword EE Grants)
Funding environmental education projects that address: Watersheds, Air Quality, Brownfields, Energy Education, Environmental Literacy, and STEM Education.
Keystone Historic Preservation Grants
- Funds small construction projects for publicly accessible historic resources listed in or eligible for listing in the National Register of Historic Places.
Scotts Miracle-Gro: GRO1000 Grassroots Grants
- Development of gardens and green spaces.
Application period is closed.